Job Title: CNC Programmer
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Senior Programmer
To provide 3,3+2 and 5 Axis programmes for all production requirements.
- To ensure that production programmes for CNC machines are written accurately and efficiently to the correct methods required by the company.
- To liase with shop floor supervision and personnel the quality of programming in order to achieve maximum efficiencies and cost savings in the CNC department.
- To be interactive in the introduction of new programming methods and technology which may be beneficial to the company.
- To ensure that programmes written comply with Health, Safety and Quality regulations and procedures.
- To ensure back up for all programmes produced.
- Interpret Engineering “working” drawings.
- Program components using information provided.
- Complete task on time and efficiently.
- Ensure quality is achieved through attention to detail.
- To follow department procedures.
- Work with minimum supervision.
- Work within a team environment.
- Creativity. Endeavour to find new ways of doing things and learn from past experiences.
- To look to improve working practices in the programming area.
- Take part in regular training both in-house & external
- Keep abreast of the required Health & Safety standards governing your job.
- Maintain polite and good communication with your colleagues at all time.
- Be prepared to undertake other reasonable duties as required.
The main tasks listed are not exhaustive but the above points represent the key areas pertaining to the role of a CNC Programmer.
Qualifications/ Knowledge/ Experience
Good knowledge of CAD CAM & DELCAM: with3, 3+2 and 5 axis CNC experience including “Heidenhain” knowledge of controls experience; perhaps Time served Engineer/Toolmaker. Familiar with standard engineering practices, Interest & understanding of Thermoforming components (Not essential) Interest & understanding of Vaccumforming / pressureforming components (Not essential)
Good problem solving ability and a flexible attitude is essential. Must possess a positive attitude and display the ability to identify alternative solutions to problems.
Hours of Work
08.30-16.30 Monday – Thursday & 08.30-15.30 on a Friday.
How to apply